Friday 16 September 2011

Today I turned philosopher

Hello cupcakes, hope you are all well and happy on this fabulous Friday! (All Fridays are fabulous in my opinion, best day of the week!) Today was another fun day at work, I had my year 13 class for a triple this morning and they always make me smile. It was Dan's 18th birthday today so we had cake which was very welcome of a Friday morning! I did a lot of planning today which always makes me happy too. I have had a rather philosophical day today, perhaps due to the slightly slower paced day I have on Fridays. Some days I am in such a rush for the whole day my thought processes simply revolve around my actions, what I need to remember, what I need to take note of, and how much I need to achieve before I can go home. Thursdays and Fridays are a lot slower for me though, so I have a greater chance to just think. Today, I thought a lot about life in general, dreams and hopes, and how much I have to be grateful for.




Life is so fast paced it is so easy to forget at times everything we have in life that we should give thanks for. I often find myself zipping from one adventure to the next, planning what I next feel I need to acquire, own, do, see... I feel truly grateful that I am in the position to make these sort of plans, and be comfortable in my lifestyle and standards of living, and I am trying more often to slow down, enjoy it, and be grateful. When I hear things on the news about natural disasters and tragedies in the word, or simply some bad news from a friend, I feel humbled, and almost selfish for worrying about the more superficial things in life. So I am trying really hard to be thankful for the things we so often take for granted: food, shelter, warmth and our good health.




I also set to thinking about the future today. The one thing I don't like about the future is that I cannot predict it. As a hugely organised person, I like to know what is coming next in a sequence of events, so I struggle with uncertainty. I am happy in my present, I have ticked so many things off my list that I feel proud of: I bought my own home at 23, I have graduated from a good uni with a 2:1,  I have completed a Post graduate certificate of education and qualified as a teacher and feel that my career is sorted. I have met the love of my life and saved for an amazing wedding to him. Hubby is sorted in his career too and that makes me happy and secure also. Dreaming of the future is a pleasant way to pass my time when I am driving home, or in bed waiting to nod off. I like to think about moving closer to our family and friends and work (although this will be at the detriment of being near my sister and niece and nephew which makes me extremely sad), advancing in my career, travelling further around the world, buying my Mulberry Bayswater (in tan brown, no other colour!), buying hubby his fancy surround sound and projector screen, having a baby... (in a few years time!). I think its a good thing to have ambitions, hopes and dreams, it helps you to continue growing and progressing in life, as an individual and as part of a couple.


Sick bucket moment now... hubby and I often just look at each other and say 'we are so lucky... we have so much to be grateful for. Life is so good. We worked hard and wow look at us now. And it will just keep getting better... isn't that an amazing thought?? If life stayed exactly as it did now for the rest of our lives, we'd be pretty happy and satisfied... but guess what, its only going to keep getting better.... so my message to all blogger's is be happy, be grateful, take a second to count your blessings. Be fiercely proud of your achievements and pat yourself on the back for your hard work, tenacity and patience. Don't undervalue yourself and everything you have achieved because you deserve to be proud of YOU. Peace. xoxo


7 comments:

  1. it's true we should be grateful for all the things we have in life, especially our health and just being loved by our dear family members. However, life can be really hard sometimes, and therefore it's very easy to forget all our blessings. I wish i could just see what my future holds, i'm like so confused at what will happen to my life...

    jos xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I agree, when you are having a hard day it is really easy to forget everything good out there. I too wish I had a crystal ball! I guess the only thing you can do is try your hardest now, be strong and hope for the very best xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your new header!! yeah, i felt grateful of everything I had today, and i hope everything will be the same in the future,especially all the good things!!
    http://mystylebyjoandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girly:) you're so right.. it's good to be humble and be gratful for everything you have, every single day. thank you for being so open and real! you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely thoughts here. It's so easy to take things for granted, yet we are so lucky. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great. Seems you are really lucky
    http://www.drmenkayuvraj.com/instagram-instant-profits/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo