Sunday 4 September 2011

Supermarket Sweep

Hello dolls, hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday! The weather has been a lot greyer here in the UK today, however this is a fact that please me! I have decided now it's September, summer is officially over. I am not massively sad about this as I love Autumn and Winter, and am looking forward to the cosy nights in, comforting food and of course, Christmas!

Over the past couple of days I have turned my attention to my work wardrobe. A new school year and a new season requires a whole new working wardrobe in my opinion! I quite enjoy shopping for work clothes (although not as much as clothes for my weekend wardrobe), although I refuse to spend a fortune on this type of clothing. I am not sure why, as of course, I spend the majority of time at work. I have always been happy to spend as I see fit on my weekend wardrobe, but never much more than £20 on a dress for work. Luckily for me, the supermarkets now have extremely comprehensive and very good value ranges, so I can pretty much pick up everything I need while completing the weekly shop!

I have recently purchased 3 dresses from Tesco, one full price at £16 and two in the sale at £7 and £8 each. Yesterday my best friend Clare and I went for a browse in Asda Living and both purchased some more dresses for work. This time both full price at £16 and £10 respectively. I tend to gravitate towards dresses for work as I find them easy to just throw on in the morning, with a pair of tights, heels or pumps and a statement necklace or bracelet. On chilly days a cardi or blazer work a treat as well, layered over the top. 

Black ponte formal dress £10 Asda
Mono print dress £16 Asda
F & F jersey wrap dress £16 (mine is a different style, navy blue with a print)
Just a selection of the dresses I have bought, I couldn't get pictures of the other two. Now I have new stationery for work and new clothes, I just need to stock up on tights and buy a new pair of winter heels (M & S most likely, I will only wear leather to work as I am on my feet all day and need to be comfortable!)

Well that's all for today, I am making the most of the last bit of weekend by catching up on some reading in between making my to-do list for the week, and a chilli con carne for dinner! : ) xoxo

9 comments:

  1. love wrap dresses for work! I pair mine with heeled boots so easy! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first dress, a classic black dress ! nice !

    have you seen my new post ?
    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top photo the most. I ordered this dress from Dotty P today for work... it was £10 and a bit of fun I thought! :)

    http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=2580864&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=stars&pageSize=20

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first dress!Very classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I've never shopped for clothes in supermarkets but loads of my friends do. Might have to check it out, these are nice! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, clothes for work are great in Supermarkets, I don't tend to get weekend clothes, although essentials like tights and socks can also be good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great dresses! I am trying to buy leather footwear instead of cheap rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a few pairs of cheaper Primark pumps that are OK but I mainly wear them at the weekend and they don't get too much wear. At work though I like to wear leather as I stand up all day and need to be comfy!! I am going to have a look in Marks and Spencer's as they have good work shoes xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wrap dresses are like secret weapons for girls. They give you the right curves in the right places! Great post

    Best, Lindsey
    http://teachchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo