Saturday 7 April 2012

Mulberry part deux

Happy Easter weekend Cadbury's mini eggs! I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend, resting and eating lots of chocolate!!

I am having a great weekend, particularly as today is my first wedding Anniversary! We are taking it easy today in readiness for our trip to London tomorrow for afternoon tea and Jersey Boys! So excited!

I need to backtrack though as today's post is about a very exciting purchase hubby made for me yesterday... you may remember that I blogged recently about my Anniversary present from hubby, and how I was trying to decide what I wanted. Well, I eventually decided that I wanted another Mulberry as I love my first one so much, and felt a great need to add to my collection!

So yesterday, hubby drove me to Bicester outlet village where my first Mulberry came from (which was quite a journey with a few detours as we had a blown tyre, traffic avoidance etc etc!). We eventually arrived and went straight to Mulberry! I rapidly dashed round the shop grabbing up any bags that I liked the look of, which hubby then lined up on one arm for me to try on! I had quite a good idea of the type of bag I wanted this time - another classic colour, larger and slouchier than my first Mulberry for a more casual type occasion. I was greatly relieved to find a classic postman's lock hobo bag that I had previously spotted on the Selfridges' website, reduced from £795 to £556 (on account of a tiny 1cm scratch on the base of the bag!). So I decided quite quickly that this was the one, and hubby liked it too, so the deal was done! Best Anniversary pressie ever, v. happy indeed! : )

Ding Dong indeed! The bag alone was hu-uge!
My beautiful new bag! Postman's lock hobo in glossy buffalo deer brown. I love the classic satchel style and understated glamour synonymous with Mulberry!
One of my favourite features of the bag is the gold postman's lock that hangs down so beautifully!
Classic Mulberry front fastening
Inside lining
Mulberry siblings! 

What do you think of it dolls? I simply adore it, the smell of the leather alone is divine! So happy to have another Mulberry to keep the East West company! I need to think now about hubby's gift, he is still making up his mind, more indecisive than I am! : )Well that's about everything for now, more soon angels XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Oh it's a beauty!! I love Mulberry :) Have a wonderful time in London!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mulberry and these are both classics that will last you years. Have a lovely anniversary.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's one pretty bag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, I usually don't like the things in Bicester but this is lovely - great find! xx

    South Molton St Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bag Im so obsessed with bags and shoes!
    Following you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo