Friday 2 September 2011

Dreaming of Berlin

Happy Friday everyone, it feels like I have done a full week at work when in fact I have only been back two days and haven't actually taught a lesson yet... still after all the rest I had over summer I guess i'm bound to feel tired!

My last few days have mostly consisted of research for our trip to Berlin. I am still unbelievably excited and now wishing the time away until December! I have started researching places to visit and things to do, logging the details in a folder on my desktop created especially for the trip. I know I definitely want to go to the Reichstag buildings, the Berlin wall, the Bundestag, Checkpoint Charlie, the Brandenburger Tor and the Schloss Charlottenburg. Naturally I will spend a good portion of time on The Kurfürstendamm, one of the main shopping streets in Berlin which, luckily is only 400m from our hotel (wonder how that happened...!)

I took on the job of researching hotels, mainly because I enjoying researching and weighing up all the options before booking. Hubby was happy to take on this job as it is my birthday present after all, however, I have a certain 'vision' of the type of hotel I like to stay in, long gone are the days when we were students and had to find the cheapest 3 star accommodation around! So I volunteered, knowing I could devote more time and energy to the task, and, get us as near the Kurfürstendamm as possible!

Cool Bedroom at Hotel Sir F.K. Savigny Berlin

The hotel I chose is called the Hotel Sir F.K Savigny in the Charlottenburg district (another fact that made me very happy!) The hotel is 4 star and is billed as a cool, boutique style hotel with Nespresso machines in every room, iPod docks and free soft drinks in the mini-bar. According to Trip-advisor, the hotel is ranked number 37 out of 655 in Berlin so should be pretty good! : )



I am really enjoying researching and planning, being organised makes me happy (my OCD ways are a constant source of happiness to me, although perhaps not others around me!) I love the fact we are going just before Christmas too, the Christmas markets should be really good, and it will be a great way to get into  the Christmas spirit!

Swarovski Christmas Tree Berlin 2006
So I am officially in Christmas countdown mode! Which is cool, as my older students always insist on doing a Christmas countdown each week from the first week back in September anyway! Hope you are all excited for the weekend, I am, no 6.30 rise tomorrow! 
: ) xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, that Christmas tree is amazing, but it's far too early to think about Christmas!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo it's September now its allowed! Scott Mills is going to start playing Christmas songs soon on Radio 1, I actually cannot wait! I am such a big kid when it comes to Christmas!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the hotel looks pretty amazeballs! lucky you.
    I am really starting the countdown for Christmas too, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful hotel, yeah, after September, the next big thing is Christmas:))
    http://mystylebyjoandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely, I always pick the hotels ;)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I had a christmas getaway like this to look forward to. The hotel looks amazing! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hotel looks/sounds amazing, love having little breaks away to look forward to :).

    Sadie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post, I love that hotel! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks amazing! loving this post girl:) p.s. I entered a blogger contest and I really need you to 'like' my picture.. it only takes a second. I'd really appreciated. here is an explanation: http://cyliaaaa.blogspot.com/2011/09/tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fabulous! Have a great day!

    Fashion Cat
    www.firstlookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had great time in Berlin!! :)


    xoxo
    Antonia

    FASHION IMPERATIVE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo