Monday 19 September 2011

Easy like Sunday morning

Hello cupcakes, hope this is finding you well on this glorious Monday. I am overly happy again today because of the changing season and the beautiful changes going on outside, I love driving to and from work at the moment, noticing the leaves gradually change colour and drop. I really am an Autumn person! While driving to work this morning, I heard on Classic FM that on this day, 192 years ago, John Keats wrote 'To Autumn'. Whilst studying Keats in year 13, 'To Autumn' was always one of my favourite poems, so I enjoyed this little piece of information : )


Today's post is a bit of a picture catch up of my weekend, and Sunday in particular. Sunday was a lovely day, hubby and I had a nice lie in which was much welcome after the strenuous events of the day before (see this blog post). We then had a little trip into town so hubby could get his hair cut (seriously overgrown, much like a scruffy, unprofessional student... he absolutely hates his hair long like that but claims to never find time to get to the hairdresser... men eh?!) I took the opportunity to buy a couple of birthday presents, as well as the majority of my Christmas cards (did I ever mention that I am organised??!). I also had a look around H & M and fell in love with about 10 new season items... will definitely be back soon to try on and purchase! In the afternoon, we went to the cinema to see 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' which was an excellent film as the reviews had suggested. All in all a very pleasing day : )

Our Nutcracker tickets turned up! Eeeeee : )
What I wore: Dark denim ripped jeans River Island, leopard print pumps H & M, tiered top Primark, chunky knit cardigan (I have been waiting for the weather to wear my new super cosy cardi!) Primark. I also wore my heart necklace that hubby bought me from Agatha in Paris, and a pair of pearl stud earrings.

A couple of goodies I picked up in Superdrug. I have heard some excellent things about the new MUA range through other bloggers and in magazines so thought I would try a nail polish. I also bought a lovely natural peachy coloured blusher from one of my favourite brands, Sleek. This shade is called 'suede' and is from their new limited collection.
Awww mama's little boy : )
I know this may not be to everyone's taste, and I don't particularly love spiders but I was just so impressed by the work that had gone into this guys web! We have loads of spiders like this in the garden at the moment which is fine by me, yes I have to dodge them when I hang out the washing but better outside than in I figure!

Well that's everything for today, hubby and I have a fully loaded biscuit tin and are settling in for Corrie and Doc Martin! xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I too am so excited about the changing season!! and also I too saw a lot of cute stuff at H&M this weekend as I shuffled through it in a hurry, def going back to get some stuff!! cute outfit, Love the flats!

    thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, hope we can follow each other!

    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your leopard flats!!

    Fashion Cat
    www.firstlookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flats are amazing! :)




    Xoxo,

    http://sacosha.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, look at that spider! We had a giant one living outside of our back door for the longest time until I got sick of staring at it, so we knocked it down and killed the damn thing. Yuck!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww your rabbit is so cute:) and you look casual yet stylish at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so beautiful! :)
    anyway check mine if you have a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post!
    your cardi looks so comfy, love it

    Serendipity Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing picture and amazing outfit, you look so good in this picture, I love your jeans and that cardigan is perfect, the perfect touch and your flats rock, also you are so very beautiful and your rabbit is more then adorable! You have a lovely blog and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo