Wednesday 20 July 2011

The wedding of my dreams


Like most little girls, I dreamed of my perfect wedding day as I was growing up. I flitted between ideas of castles, stately homes, summer and winter weddings, big cinderella dresses and sleek gowns. I always knew that I wanted my wedding to be a grand affair, requiring meticulous planning with no stone left unturned. Luckily, I am a very organised person, so planning my dream day came easy to me, and I enjoyed many happy hours planning the tiny details that would make my wedding stand out!


Firstly, fashion and beauty. I have always had a very clear picture in my head of my dream wedding gown: strapless, covered in crystals and sparkle, with a massive full cinderella style skirt. When it came to it, I ended up preferring slightly less dramatic skirts - in terms of fullness that is. I must have tried on a good 30 gowns, however, like the old saying goes, when its the one you just know! My chosen gown was the 'Rowena' by the award winning designer Maggie Sottero. It was indeed strapless, covered in crystals with pleating and a caught up skirt that artfully draped and swished - it really was my perfect princess dress, and fit my venue perfectly. I wanted my shoes to be equally as dramatic and princess-like, and went for the super-sparkly 'Spyra' sandal from Moda in Pelle.




Like with my dress, I had a very fixed idea about my makeup. I love makeup and creating new looks but I also wanted the luxury and stress free option of a make up artist on my wedding day. I was very lucky as I found a fantastic make up artist called Emily Rose who understood my vision perfectly. I don't really do the 'natural' look even on a day to day basis, so I definitely did not want to go down this road on the biggest day of my life! I wanted flawless skin, defined cheekbones, dramatic smoky eyes, big eyelashes and glossy lips! In terms of hair, again, I have always had a very fixed idea about how I wanted to look - none of this soft curls and waves, I wanted a proper bridal up-do, high up on the head and dramatic! I have always been told I have good cheek bones and can carry off this look so I felt quite confident about picking this style. To get the dramatic style I craved, my hair stylist used some hair extensions which I loved. Finally, I completed my look with a dramatic cathedral length tiara and beautiful sparkly tiara.



This shot shows off a bit of my make up and hairstyle. My veil is still on but I removed the tiara after the pictures were taken. How cute is our magician?? (A pupil from my school and very talented : )


Lastly, our wedding venue, style and a confession. I bought EVERY single wedding magazine on the market during our one year engagement. I dread to think how much I spent on magazines alone (The majority retail at £4.99 or thereabouts). I just loved looking at all the different decorations, themes, styling ideas and DIY ideas. I was determined to emulate the beautiful weddings I saw in these magazines, and to make every little detail count (I even wanted bride and groom loo roll but hubby said no!)

Boys Hall, our beautiful wedding venue


We chose the beautiful 17th century stately home Boys Hall as our venue: the most expensive place we looked at but one we simply fell in love with. Both of us adore antiques and historic houses, and we really wanted a building that had original details and a story to tell. Our venue was everything we had ever dreamed of: breath taking, luxurious and original. We were very lucky to have a gorgeous sunny day, so our guests were able to enjoy drinks and canapes on the lawn, and mingle outside in the sunshine. In keeping with this look, I styled the venue in a shabby chic style, spending hours designing table plans, purchasing bunting, antique jars for our candy bar, bird cages for the centrepieces, antique tea cups, saucers and cake plates... so much fun! I loved the overall look and would not change one single thing!



My wedding day really was the best day of my life and made all the hard work and expense worth it! Hope you enjoy the pics and thank you for all your lovely comments, I really love reading them xoxo

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress and beautiful photos! Thanks for the follow :)

    victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats doll! You looked stunning!


    hugs and kisses by Mani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! And the wedding venue is beautiful, hope that your day was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! Your dress is lovely!!
    following you back ofcourse

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't find the follow button on your blog
    Sara C.
    http://styleyoustylemestylish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures!You looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww this is the sweetest post to date! You look gorgeous and massive congratulations :) Lovely lovely photos~

    xx
    Erika
    http://www.erika-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fabulous! I'm glad your day was everything you wanted it to be, it sounds like it was wonderful. Dreamy location, too! xo

    http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look really gorgeous! your dress is lovely, I'm glad you had a wonderful day! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Ahh you looked so beautiful! It really looks like this could be the most beautiful day of your life.. Just posted a wedding-question haha so you might be the perfect person to answer it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all xxx It really was a beautiful day, my dress was amazing, I wish I could wear it again!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing, reading this & seeing those beautiful photos makes me understand why it was the best day of your life! Can't wait to plan my wedding ( ps I'll probably buy every single wedding magazine in the country as well haha) You looked AMAZING!
    Mundo de Alicia ❤

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! What a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh,this post is so sweet!!!You look adorable and the dress is so gorgeous!Thanks for sharing!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely wedding! that dress looks perfect on you! congratulations and best wishes! i'm your follower. anyway, i just posted something and hoping you'll check it out (AND FOLLOW BACK?!) if time permits! lol..

    HEY BLOGGERS! LET'S FOLLOW EACH OTHER SO WE CAN EXCHANGE IDEAS AND KEEP IN TOUCH. LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE ALREADY MY FOLLOWER SO I CAN FOLLOW YOU BACK ASAP! CHEERS!

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh congratulations!!! It is so nice to hear that it was just as the day of your dreams!

    PvdH -designer and illustrator

    www.ThePvdHJournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, Charlotte you look absolutely amazing, beautiful & ethereal. Congratulations!!!!

    Your gown is lovely and your venue is just perfect. I love everything you've chosen.

    xoxo

    =Cinderella's Closet NYC

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all for your sweet comments xoxo : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. waow.. that's an absolute beautiful venue! I seriously want a similar one like that.. I'm getting married next year:) so I'm planning lots aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Cylia, thanks for your comment, it was a beautiful venue, everything we ever dreamed of and more! It is only one day but it is worth having everything you want as the memories will last you forever! Good luck with planning your day and enjoy it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is the most awesome cake, ever. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo