Sunday 14 August 2011

Sunday Inspirations

Hello lovely followers, hope you are all good and have had fabulous weekends! I have had a lovely weekend, yesterday was a very productive and rewarding day (see what I got up to here) and today was a lot slower paced. Hubby and I went into town as he was itching to spend his HMV voucher he received for his birthday, and I couldn't say no to a bit more shopping! Later, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law visited with their son which was really nice. Late afternoon I went for a run which felt great, although the heat made it harder than usual. Still, I do love to run, so I didn't mind too much : ) When I returned, I set about making dinner, trying a new recipe from my Sally Bee recipe book (which I blogged about here)

This experimentation was more than just a bit of fun: I am becoming acutely aware that the summer holidays are drawing to a close, and with this in mind, I am starting to think about our new routine. Being a housewife this summer has been brilliant, and I have truly enjoyed experimenting with different healthy dishes. I am all too aware though that upon return to work, I will no longer have the time or energy to devote to time consuming meals of an evening. I will probably arrive home around 6 0' clock and will need to plan my evenings to fit in cooking, exercise, TV, reading and marking. I am too health conscious to just accept my fate of quick, less than healthy dishes, and believe that it will simply require a little strategic planning to stay on the straight and narrow! With this in mind, I tried out todays dinner, and am pleased to say it ticked all the boxes: healthy, quick to prepare and filling.

Step 1 - Chop up your vegetables (pretty much anything goes, I used grated carrot, courgette and cherry tomatoes) and an onion. Put all the veg in a big bowl and add to this 1 cup of rice (I used wild rice), 400ml chicken stock, 2 tablespoons of tomato puree, a splash of worcestershire sauce and olive oil and lastly a good shake of oregano, thyme, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix this together with a spoon.

Step 2 - Make your 'parcel' by folding a large piece of foil in half. Add your mixture to the middle of the foil and then fold the sides up to resemble a bowl. Add one chicken breast to the top of the mixture and use a spoon to cover the chicken with some of the mixture. Step 3 - Fold the foil so that the parcel is fully covered and put in the oven for 45 minutes.

Step 3 - Fold the foil so that the parcel is fully covered and put in the oven for 45 minutes.


Step 4- Remove from the oven and eat! This recipe worked really well for me and the end result was delicious. It was quick and easy to make, but still very healthy (which is my main priority) and I think it will be a great recipe that can easily be chucked together in the morning before work ready for the oven on arrival home!


As well as cooking, I have also been trying new nail designs today and I love the result! I recently bought the beige NYC shade in Oh SoHo sweet and today I spotted the blue glitter NYC shade in Lights-Camera-Glitter. I painted the beige shade as a base coat and then applied 2 coats of the blue glitter over the top. I have to say, I was a little wary of the glitter as I have not worn glitter nail polish since I was about 13, but with the explosion of nail art recently, (and with my nail lady still away on holiday!) I have been more willing to experiment. I really like the larger blue glitter pieces and the subtle silver sparkle all over (which is not that visible in the picture).


Lastly: lipglosses! I tend to buy a lot of lip products and have many favoutites including Lancome juicy tubes, MAC lipglass and Bobbi Brown lip gloss. I also like cheaper brands as, lets face it, lipgloss is lipgloss and is never going to be that long lasting, so why pay more than necessary??! Today I tried 2 new 'matt' lip gloss type products. The Maybelline color sensational lip stain smells gorgeous and leaves a lovely pink tint behind that is long lasting and natural looking. The Collection 2000 Cream Puff is another 'matt' product and again leaves behind a nice tint that is not too strong, and lasts a fair while. I really like both of the products and they make a nice change from the usual lipgloss look I favour.


Well thats it for today, until next time dolls xoxo

14 comments:

  1. that chicken recipe looks really easy and yum, will give it a try. Always looking for new things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep it was so easy which I loved, and really tasty. Plus, you can eat it out the foil and just rest it on a plate so no major washing up!! Always a bonus ; ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for you comment! Glad you liked my blog, and thanks for following - I can't see that you're following though, maybe try again?
    Those nails look great!

    X Zoe X
    http://intrepidinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nails, great recipe :)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! What an easy recipe! And that chicken looks delicous! I look forward to more recipes ;)

    Want to follow each other? I'll go ahead and follow now ;)

    artofbeingcool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that glitter nail polish is great! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm that food looks seriously good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the way you narrate your days!!!! i think those two nailpolishes combined are a wonder! love your rings!

    jos xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the glitter nail polish:)

    Fashion Cat
    www.firstlookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chicken looks very yummy and your nails look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm planning on hitting forever 21 when I pop down to London next week so its good to read a proper review in advance. i've heard mixed things about it - mainly about the style of the clothes - perhaps too American for the UK? But i've heard fab things about their jewellery. I can't wait to check it out myself! I think i'll end up with a massive haul lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo