Sunday 28 August 2011

Cocktails and Karaoke

Hello sweeties, hope you are all well and have enjoyed the weekend! We are lucky in the UK as we have a bank holiday tomorrow, hubby is certainly pleased at the extra day off! I have had another fun filled weekend, last night I had a big night out in London with my best girlfriends, to say goodbye to Anna, who is off on her law secondment in Moscow in a week! I am certainly paying for it today though, no headache as such but just that off feeling you get when you have had a heavy night on the tiles! At 25 I should be able to handle it but alas, it seems not!

We started our night in Loungelover, an eclectic bar in Shoreditch filled with giant vases, chandeliers, stags heads on the wall and disco balls! We had booked a table and enjoyed table service, making it easy to sit and chat. The cocktail menu was extensive and delicious, certainly worth the £9.50 a cocktail in my opinion! We also ordered a couple of rounds of spring rolls and my friends tried to educate me in successfully holding a pair of chopsticks... disasterous to say the least, think i'll stick with a fork or fingers in the future!!

We ended our night at Karaoke Box in Smithfield and had so much fun! We had booked a private booth and spent an hour and a half singing classics with great gusto... may just apply for the X Factor as a result! ; ) Two more cocktails down, nachos, and cheesy garlic bread and it was time for home (2 0 clock is more than late enough for me these days!).

Just a few snaps from our night out! I wore my emerald green Zara skirt (blogged about here) with a plain black vest top from Topshop. I accessorised with simple studs and my H & M statement feather necklace. I wore my black patent Carvela heels which are gorgeous but not amazingly comfy. Still, thank goodness we are working girls and can afford cabs everywhere! ; )

Hope you all had fun weekends too xoxo

12 comments:

  1. It looks like you had such a great time!You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good but pricey night!

    Re: I can't wait for my M/O polishes to arrive, they should be here on Tuesday, it seems so far away, lol. Paperchase do the best notebooks, I was looking at them in WHSmiths and they weren't half as nice!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh the pics are fun and you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time!

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love ur necklace, looks like a great night out:))
    http://mystylebyjoandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pics, looks fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahah!It sounds like an amzing night!!!Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it seems you really had a great fun on that night:)

    Fashion Cat
    www.firstlookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks like you had so much fun, especially during karaoke!

    jos xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo