Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 sign off

Happy last-day-of 2011 to all my lovely followers! Today I have been reminiscing a lot on the year, and I cannot believe how quickly it has gone! This time last year I was frenetically planning my Wedding ready for April 7th, now I am rapidly approaching my first anniversary! Nuts!

Thinking back over the year, and the many experiences and achievements of 2011, I decided to put together a photo story of some of my favourite moments, days out and adventures : )

March 2011: My hen weekend in Brighton. I had such an amazing time with some great friends, we shopped, rolled down massive hills in zorbing balls and danced the night away in Brighton's amazing clubs!

April 7th: My Wedding day aka the best day of my life so far! I spent the majority of 2010 planning my dream day,  with no stone left unturned. We married in a gorgeous old church near our home and held our reception at the 17th century Jacobean manor, Boy's Hall. We had exclusive use for three days and could not have been any happier. The sun shone, every little detail was taken care of and everything was just perfect : )
A shot of us in our Wedding finery and our gorgeous cupcake tower. My father sourced all of the Vintage china tea cups, plates, saucers and cake stands for my big day : )
April 2011: For our honeymoon, we took the trip of a lifetime to Thailand for 2 weeks. We stayed in a luxury 5 star resort and spent our time sight seeing, swimming, sun-bathing, trying out as many restaurants as possible and as the shot shows, meeting new friends! We were so excited about our elephant ride, and we were not disappointed.
Beautiful clear sea in Thailand
'Our' pool, right next to our room. One of the many we were able to use.
May 2011: Overnight trip to London to see Legally Blonde. An amazing show!
July 2011: Trip to Hever Castle. We took advantage of the good weather we had this Summer and went on lots of trips to National Trust and English Heritage properties.
Another sunny day enjoyed in July, picture taken at Littlestone beach.
Hubby's birthday weekend in August was spent in Herefordshire at the Big Chill festival. We had a fantastic day and enjoyed so many amazing acts.
Picture of Kanye West performing at the Big Chill festival, our ultimate favourite : )
September 2011: Night out in London with the girls, to say goodbye to Anna (left) and good luck for her work placement in Moscow. Girls nights have remained so important to me this year, for all their support, fun and laughter, I could not be without them XX
October 2011: Purchase of my first Mulberry bag, the East West Bayswater. Gorgeous, classic Mulberry.  A love affair has begun!
November 2011: Christmas begins! I went to the Country Living Christmas fair in London with my best friend and our mums. Perfect for festive spirit and pre-Christmas purchases!
December 2011: 4 day mini-break to Berlin with hubby. A perfect way to celebrate my birthday and finish off the year nicely. We saw so many sights, shopped and had an amazing time.

Just a selection of some of my highlights, 2011 has proved to be a very good year for me for so many reasons! Work has gone from strength to strength for me and hubby, I am officially 'outstanding', we have spent another year in our amazing house, and our baby rabbit Woody is healthy and happy! We have travelled, seen a great deal, married, made some big purchases and stayed blissfully happy and in love! I am so excited about 2012 and all that it may bring, so all I can say is, watch this space!

Here is to a happy and healthy New Year for all my lovely followers, may all your dreams come true in 2012! XOXO

9 comments:

  1. Amen to that. Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing year ! I hope this year is as good to you :D
    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Launa, it was an amazing year! Happy 2012 to you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope 2012 is just as good or even better than 2011 for you X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I am hoping to top 2011, we'll see how it goes!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Lovely pics hun!
    I thought I'd let you know I've given you a blog award.
    Please head over to my blog to find out more as there's too much to type here.
    Hope you had a lovely New Year!
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had an amazing and fabulous year! You looked amazing!

    :*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read each and every one xoxo